ENERGY EFFICIENCY AUDITS IN COMPANIES (ROYAL DECREE 56/2016).
Who must comply?
Large companies that meet the following requirements, and groups of companies defined according to Art. 42 of the Commercial Code.
- More than 250 employees on staff.
- Turnover exceeding 50 million euros. (Gross income by activity).
Option 1: Company energy efficiency audit report.
- Audit according to UNE-EN 16.247.
- It must reach at least 85% of the company’s energy consumption.
Option 2: Implement an energy management system (ISO 50.001 or similar).
Deadline for submission
The audit must be performed within 9 months after the publication of Royal Decree 56/2016.
Scope of the audit
Companies consisting of a single building or group of buildings with centralized energy supplies:
- Hospital complexes, sites with multiple industrial buildings, etc.
- The audit will cover the company’s representative equipment and facilities.
- An audit report is issued for the analyzed complex.
Companies consisting of multiple sites or off-site buildings with independent power supplies:
- Different levels of review will be established for each building typology, depending on the relevance of its energy consumption.
- In tertiary buildings, the energy label (CE3) is accepted as accepted energy review documentation.