INSPECTIONS OF OIL INSTALLATIONS
1) Inspection of Petroleum Liquid Storage Facilities, according to the provisions of Royal Decree 1562/1998.
- Periodic inspection of the facilities every 10 years.
- Testing of Tanks and Surface Pipelines.
- Every 10 years (For tanks class C and D products).
- Every 5 years (For tanks class B products) (First leak test 10 years after installation).
- Tightness Testing of Buried Tanks and Pipelines (only applicable to installations without leak detection system).
- Visual inspection and thickness measurement every 5 years.
Note: Buried Tanks Installations without leak detection system, prior to the entry into force of the ITC MI-IP02 (09.08.98):
- Overhaul every 3 years with leak test.
- Inspections: every 6 years.